Local trio helps AAU team
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on July 5, 2004 1:06 PM
CONCORD -- A trio of Wayne County players -- Thomas Pilkington, Bradley Taylor and Joseph Toler -- helped the Pitt County Pirates' AAU 15-Under team finish fourth overall in state-tournament play held last weekend.
Pilkington emerged the winning pitcher and collected three RBI as the Pirates opened pool play with a 11-0 decision against Carolina Sox from Charlotte.
Taylor added three hits and two RBI in the win.
Later in the tournament, Toler threw three innings of no-hit relief as the Pirates eliminated the Sox. He also contributed a key RBI in the Pirates' second victory against the Charlotte Knights. That hit put Pitt County into the championship round.
The threesome, all rising sophomores at Charles B. Aycock, will compete with their teammates July 23-31 in the national AAU tournament at Virginia Beach, Va.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series