Heavy rains force postponement
Published in Sports on August 13, 2004 1:55 PM
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- Due to the heavy rain from Tropical Storm Bonnie, the Myrtle Beach-Kinston game has been rescheduled as part of a doubleheader on Sept. 4 at 5 p.m.
The K-Tribe returns to Coastal Federal Field for a three-game series that weekend, the final regular-season series of the 2004 campaign.
Despite the postponement, Kinston moved into a first-place tie with Winston-Salem in the Single A Carolina League Southern Division standings. The K-Tribe are 27-17 compared to 28-18 for the Warthogs, who dropped a 5-4 decision to Wilmington.
Kinston begins a three-game series today at Lynchburg.
Myrtle Beach is 31Ú2 games back in the division.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series