Prep soccer -- Chargers dash Saints
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on August 20, 2004 1:58 PM
Sam Steed notched four goals and dished out two assists as Wayne Country Day throttled Southern Wayne 8-1 in a non-conference boys soccer match Thursday afternoon.
Steed scored twice in each half for the Chargers, who remained perfect in three outings.
Hyowan Ha, Kevin Logan and Chris Reed combined for the remaining four goals. Logan collected three assists, while Travis Davis added one.
Edward Segura tallied the Saints' lone goal.
Keepers Ryan Ford and Reed combined for 13 saves for Wayne Country Day.
"(We are) playing well together as a team," second-year Chargers coach Michael Taylor said. "We are very well conditioned and I think that is a plus. Will Futrelle did not play the second half due to an injury.
"We are just trying to get ready for a tough conference schedule."
The Chargers play host to Terra Ceia next Tuesday afternoon.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series