Prep soccer -- Rosewood triumphs
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 24, 2004 1:57 PM
LAGRANGE -- Rosewood's Brandon Hietpas and Matt Howell teamed on a pair of goals to give the Eagles a 2-1, comeback victory at North Lenoir on Monday in non-conference play.
The win improved the Eagles to 1-2 as they travel to face East Duplin on Wednesday.
"We were a little more organized offensively," Rosewood coach Daniel Mitchell said. "We've still got some things we need to work on and fix."
North Lenoir jumped out to a 1-0 lead late in the first half on a goal by Mike Ziegler.
Rosewood goalie Antell Richards was praised for a solid game in goal for the Eagles.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series