Prep soccer -- Rosewood's Howell scores twice in loss
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 26, 2004 1:56 PM
BEULAVILLE -- Rosewood's Matt Howell scored two goals as the Eagles fell to East Duplin 3-2 on Wednesday on the road.
Howell scored once midway through the first half on an assist from Brandon Hietpas, then again in the second half unassisted.
East Duplin led 2-1 at halftime before taking a 3-1 advantage at the 15-minute mark of the second half.
Antell Richards had 12 saves in the goal for the Eagles (1-3), who host Wayne Country Day at home today.
"They (East Duplin) got a lot of shots on us and put a lot of pressure on us, but we had opportunities to score," Rosewood coach Daniel Mitchell said. "We keep getting better and better each game -- hoepfully we can continue to improve."
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series