Prep volleyball -- Newman has huge day for Aycock
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 26, 2004 1:57 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Charles B. Aycock's Lindsay Newman had a 16-kill performance as the Golden Falcons defeated Princeton 25-17, 25-15, 21-25, 26-24 on Wednesday afternoon at home.
Jenny Jackson had 10 kills and five aces for Aycock (3-0), who got strong all-around efforts out of Ashley Morris and Stephanie Ballance.
"I was real proud of the way we played the first two games. They picked up some momentum in game three from our mistakes," Aycock coach Davis Harris said. "They (Princeton) are a good team and they rode out the win."
In the fourth and final game, Kandace Burroughs served the last two points of the match as Aycock claimed a 26-24 win.
"We went back-and forth in game four," Harris said. "They had a four point lead at one time, but we served it out at the end."
The Falcons travel to South Lenoir today, while Princeton travels to Ayden-Grifton on August 30.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series