Cross-Country -- Greene Central tops Beddingfield
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 27, 2004 1:56 PM
WILSON -- Greene Central claimed five of the top six spots in a 20-43, non-conference boys cross country victory Thursday afternoon at Wilson Beddingfield.
Tony Tyson led the Rams' effort with a second-place time of 19 minutes, 7 seconds. He was followed to the line by Dale Hines (19:08), Cameron Taylor (19:51), Phillip Shelton (20:12) and Lance Murray (20:14).
The Bruins' Mike Radisco emerged the meet winner.
Greene Central's Blair Carraway claimed an individual win as the Rams knocked off the Bruins 18-37. Carraway covered the 3.1-mile course in 25:02, one second ahead of teammate Ashley Oakes.
Amber Oakes was third in 25:14, followed by Cassie Webb's time of 26:53.
Jessica Lovett concluded the Rams' scoring with an eighth-place performance of 29:04.
Greene Central travels to SouthWest Edgecombe on Monday for a five-team, Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference meet.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series