Prep volleyball -- CBA tops Bulldogs in five
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 2, 2004 1:56 PM
PRINCETON -- Charles B. Aycock senior Karlie West served out the final four points of the fifth and deciding game against Princeton as the Falcons won 25-14, 10-25, 23-25, 25-16, 15-11.
It was Aycock's third-straight match that went five games.
Lindsey Newman had 12 kills for the Falcons as Stephanie Ballance added 10 kills.
Harris also commended setter Julia Lancaster, who had six kills on tips.
Princeton's Nicole Hargis had a team-high 14 kills, while adding three digs and two blocks. Kristen Parker provided seven aces and five digs for the Bulldogs (3-4) as teammate Kaitlyn Haddock notched six kills and three digs.
Aycock (5-1) hosts Kinston today, while Princeton travels to Spring Creek.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series