Jenny Jackson receives honor
By Gabe Whisnant
Published in Sports on September 3, 2004 2:00 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Charles B. Aycock volleyball and softball player Jenny Jackson received the WRAL and Tom Suiter's "Extra Effort Award" Thursday.
Jackson is the second Aycock athlete in as many years to win the award after 2004 graduate Mindy Glover won the award in October of 2003.
The award recognizes student-athletes who go the extra mile on and off the playing field. The segment aired Thursday on WRAL's 6 p.m. news.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series