JV football -- Council scores 4 TDs for Saints
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on September 3, 2004 1:56 PM
WILMINGTON -- Anthony Council rambled for 245 yards and scored four touchdowns on runs of 10, 38, 15 and 21 yards in Southern Wayne's 25-14 win against J.T. Hoggard.
Joseph Legg added a 56-yard touchdown run, while quarterback Emanuel Hinton successfully completed two of three pass attempts against the Vikings.
Michael Allen paced Southern Wayne's defense with 11 stops, including a fumble recovery and a sack. Antwan Chestnut sacked the Hoggard quarterback three times and finished with eight tackles.
Thomas Oliver blocked a punt and recorded six stops.
"We played a very good defensive ball game," Saints coach Trae McKee said.
Southern Wayne (1-1) travels to Kinston next Thursday in the Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference opener for both teams.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series