JV football -- E. Wayne collects first win
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on September 3, 2004 1:55 PM
Eastern Wayne limited its mistakes on both offense and defense, and capitalized on numerous Havelock errors in a 28-6 victory at Little Big Horn on Thursday.
Lamar Lamm returned a fumble 55 yards for a touchdown and intercepted a pass. Defensive mates Mike Hardy, Jeff Hill, Alvino Daniels and Andrew Blevins hounded the Rams' backfield all evening. Blevins also picked off the Havelock quarterback once.
Anthony O'tellio threw a 20-yard a touchdown pass to Daniels and Eric Brofft provided the most excitement of the evening on a punt. Brofft dropped the ball, picked it up, found an open seam in the Havelock defense and scampered 65 yards for a touchdown.
"It was a total team effort," Warriors coach Brent Holland said.
Eastern Wayne (1-1) is the guest of South Central next Thursday in the Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference opener for both teams.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series