JV football -- Goldsboro hammers Northeastern
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on September 3, 2004 1:55 PM
Tim and T.J. Kornegay accounted for three touchdowns as unbeaten Goldsboro throttled Elizabeth City Northeastern 42-12 in a non-conference game Thursday at Cougar Stadium.
Tim Kornegay threw a 27-yard touchdown pass to Mike Isler in the second quarter, and added a short 4-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter. He finished with 67 yards rushing and another 32 passing.
T.J. Kornegay returned the second-half kickoff 75 yards for a touchdown.
Hykeem Coley, Q.T. Battle and A.J. Holloway each added a touchdown for the Cougars. Coley finished with 106 yards rushing on 12 carries, while Battle contributed 55 yards on five attempts.
Carlos Mumford paced the Goldsboro defense with eight stops and one fumble recovery. Cedric McClary blocked a punt and recorded seven tackles. Coley had six tackles.
Brandon Davis and Dan Bryant each collected five tackles.
Goldsboro opens Eastern Carolina 3-A Conference play at home against Charles B. Aycock next Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series