Prep tennis -- Rosewood rolls on road
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 9, 2004 1:58 PM
BETHEL -- Rosewood's Kayce Brantham started the afternoon with an 8-2 win over North Pitt's Nicki Leggett as the Eagles soared to a 7-2 win over the Panthers on the road on Wednesday.
Rosewood also got singles wins from Leah Smith, Sidney Worrell, Kourtney Humphrey and Missy Baily. The Eagles' doubles combos of Brantham-Worrell and Smith-Humphrey also claimed victories as Rosewood (6-3 overall) is now 5-3 in the Classes 2-A/1-A Eastern Plains/Carolina Conference.
The Eagles travel to rival Spring Creek today at Walnut Creek.
Rosewood 7, North Pitt 2
Singles -- No. 1 Kayce Brantham (RHS) d. Nicki Leggett 8-2; No. 2 Leah Smith (RHS) d. Tracy Wade 8-2; No. 3 Sidney Worrell (RHS) d. Jacinta Jones 8-3; No. 4 Kourtney Humphrey (RHS) d. Danielle Abeyounis 8-2; No. 5 Missy Baily (RHS) d. Siearra Roberson 8-2; No. 6 Kournista Dudley (NP) d. Erica Nichols 8-5.
Doubles -- No. 1 Brantham-Worrell (RHS) d. Leggett-Wade 8-0; No. 2 Smith-Humphrey (RHS) d. Jones-Abeyounis 8-1; No. 3 Roberson-Dudley (NP) d. Bailey-Nichols 6-4.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series