Pridgen's low score moves Aycock by Fike, Rose
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 10, 2004 1:55 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Harper Pridgen carded an 8-over par 80 and earned medalist honors as visiting Wilson Fike nipped Charles B. Aycock 170-171 on Thursday afternoon at Lane Tree.
J.H. Rose finished third with a 195.
Kelly Forbis paced the Golden Falcons with an 84, while Morgan Lane contributed a season-best 87.
"I think it's the first time Morgan has broken in the 80s and she picked a good day to do it," Aycock coach Gary Hales said. "It went down to the wire and the girls battled. I was proud of us because that was a good team we played."
Casey Narron complemented Pridgen's effort with a 90.
Laura Challander led Rose with a 90.
C.B. Aycock (7-1) returns to action next Monday in a Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference match at Morehead City.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series