By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 14, 2004 1:55 PM
Williams, Behrend win for Eagles
Rosewood's Terrence Williams and Stephanie Behrend each emerged the individual winners in a non-conference meet against Wayne Country Day contested at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base.
Williams ran the 3.1-mile course in 20 minutes, 16 seconds. Teammate Casey Elrod finished in second place, while the Chargers' Aaron Allen ended up third in 20:25.
Neither team had enough runners to post a team score.
Behrend turned in a time of 23:41 and crossed the line a half minute faster than the Chargers' Mimi Bridgers. Allie Mouw took third for Wayne Country Day, while the Eagles' Mary Jo Moore was fourth in 24:35.
1. Terrence Williams, Rosewood 20:16
2. Casey Elrod, RHS 20:21
3. Aaron Allen, W. Country Day 20:25
4. Daniel Ellis, RHS 21:02
5. Daniel Ferrell, RHS 29:20
1. Stephanie Behrend, RHS 23:41
2. Mimi Bridgers, WCDS 24:11
3. Allie Mouw, WCDS 24:29
4. Mary Jo Moore, RHS 24:35
5. LaShonda Kates, WCDS 25:16
6. Molly Peacock, WCDS 25:29
7. M. Catherine Hollowell, RHS 25:51
8. Anna Davis, WCDS 26:23
9. Georgia Tanner, WCDS 28:55
10. Sarah Poole, RHS 35:20
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series