By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 14, 2004 1:55 PM
Taylor's 81 top score for ECC meet
MOREHEAD CITY -- Eastern Wayne's Brittney Taylor fired an 18-hole round of 81 and earned medalist honors in the second Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference meet of the season Monday afternoon.
Taylor, combined with Janelle Archer's 103, sparked the Warriors to a 184-194 win against county rival Charles B. Aycock. West Carteret claimed third at 199, followed by Southern Wayne (232) and West Craven (280).
"Brittney played a good match," Eastern Wayne coach Scott Waller said. "Take away one bad hole and she would have been in the 70s. Janelle and Heather (Raczkowski) shot their best scores.
"They did this with our number two player, Ashley Smith, out sick. Hopefully the girls will continue to work hard because it's going to be a dogfight with C.B. Aycock."
Kelly Forbis led the Golden Falcons with a 92.
Freshman Jordan Hill and sophomore Lynn Grantham paced the Saints with scores of 112 and 120, respectively.
Eastern Wayne (7-3, 7-1 ECC) entertains J.H. Rose in a non-conference match Thursday at Walnut Creek.
Alyssa Bradshaw paced the Saints with scores of 112 and 123, respectively.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series