Prep football -- Two football games moved to Thursday
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 15, 2004 1:55 PM
Southern Wayne will hold its varsity football game at South Central on Thursday at 7 p.m. instead of Friday.
Southern Wayne athletic director Bob Warren informed the News-Argus this morning of the change. While Warren did not comment on the reasons for the change, it is expected that weather conditions might hamper Friday games in the area.
The Saints JV game with the Falcons will be held Thursday at 7 p.m. at the Doyle Whitfield Athletic Complex.
Greene Central's football game against Farmville Central scheduled for Friday has also been moved to Thursday at 7 p.m. at the James R. Fulghum Athletic Complex.
Princeton High School officials will meet with South Lenoir's officials this afternoon to determine whether to move the Bulldogs' Friday game in Deep Run to Thursday as well.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series