Forbis' 44 paces Golden Falcons to win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 17, 2004 1:55 PM
PRINCETON -- Charles B. Aycock's Kelli Forbis shot a nine-hole score of 44 to lead her team to a win over 1-A opponents North Johnston and Sprng Creek at Cardinal Country Club on Wednesday.
Forbis was the medalist and the only golfer to shoot in the 40s. Teammate Morgan Lane shot a 59.
Julie Dorman was had the low round for North Johnston with a 52, while Paula Webber and Jennifer Johnson both had 60s to share low round for the Gators.
Aycock will be at Walnut Creek Country Club on Monday with Eastern Wayne, while North Johnston and Spring Creek will be at Walnut Creek Country Club on Wednesday for a Carolina 1-A Conference meet.
C.B. Aycock 103, North Johnston 111, Spring Creek 122
C.B. Aycock -- Kelli Forbis 44, Morgan Lane 59, Emily Stewart 65, Brittany Ballance 60.
North Johnston -- Julie Dorman 52, Allison Hinnant 64, Brandi Brinchek 59, Ashby Brame 68.
Spring Creek -- Paula Webber 60, Jennifer Johnson 60, Hannah Lane 62, Amanda Smith 68.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series