Cougars fall to Eagles in Monday game
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 21, 2004 1:55 PM
VANCEBORO -- Goldsboro's Hykeem Coley rushed for a 44-yard touchdown midway through the third quarter as the Cougars eventually fell 20-12 at West Craven on Monday.
Tim Kornegay found Brandon Davis on a touchdown pass in the first quarter to give the Cougars an early 6-0 lead.
Coley's run gave Goldsboro a 12-6 lead, before the Eagles posted two unanswered scores to claim the Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference win.
A.J. Holloway had nine tackles to led the Goldsboro defense, while Kelvin James added eight tackles.
The Cougars travel to Washington on Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series