Taylor leads Warriors to ECC win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 21, 2004 1:55 PM
Eastern Wayne's Brittney Taylor claimed medalist honors by firing an 85 as the Warriors finished with 191 team points in a Class 3-A Eastern Carolina match at Walnut Creek on Monday.
With the win, Eastern Wayne tied Charles B. Aycock in total strokes for first place in the conference.
Heather Raczkowsi added a 106 for the Warriors, while Ashley Smith (113) and Megan Sutton (123) also competed for Eastern Wayne (12-4, 11-1 ECC)
"Brittney (Taylor) hit the ball well today." Eastern Wayne coach Scott Waller said. "She's close to breaking into the 70's. Heather (Raczkowski) stepped up and played well today.
"Hopefully they will continue to work hard and keep improving."
Aycock, paced by Kelli Forbis' 93, finished with 195 team points, while West Carteret took third with 201. Southern Wayne (228) and West Craven (282) rounded out the team scoring.
Morgan Lane added a 102 for the Falcons with Brooke Newell (108) and Brittany Ballance (130) also competing.
Jordan hill paced Southern Wayne with a 108, while Lynn Grantham and Alyssa Bradshaw (124) rounded out the scoring for the Saints.
The Warriors take on Wilson Fike and New Bern at Walnut Creek on Thursday. The next ECC match is Sept. 28 at the Southern Wayne Country Club.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series