Cross country roundup
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 28, 2004 1:55 PM
Wayne Christian runners take pair of firsts vs. Rosewood
Wayne Christian's Keri McCall and Doug Johnson claimed a pair of first-place finishes for the Eagles in a cross country meet at Rosewood on Monday.
McCall ran a 24:02, while Johnson ran a 20:13.
In the girls meet, Rosewood took spots three-through-five to finish with 25 team points to win the match. The visiting Eagles finished with 30 team points. Neither boys team had enough runners to finish with a team score.
For the Eagle girls, Stephanie Behrend (27:06), Emily Thronson (27:17) and Mary Jo Moore (27:29) turned in top-five performances. Jennifer Price (27:37) finished fifth for Wayne Christian.
Rosewood's Terrance Williams (20:49) took second, while teammate Daniel Farrell's 30:31 was good for fifth. Spots two and three belonged to Wayne Christian's John Massey (26:01) and John Potts (27:14).
Rosewood travels to North Johnston on Wednesday for a Class 1-A Carolina Conference meet.
Rosewood 25, Wayne Christian 30
1. Keri McCall (WC) 24:02
2. Stephanie Behrend (RHS) 27:06
3. Emily Thronson (RHS) 27:17
4. Mary Jo Moore (RHS) 27:29
5. Jennifer Price (WC) 27:37
6. Logan Dawson (WC) 28:35
7. Mary Hollowell (RHS) 29:04
8. Shelly Anderson (WC) 32:01
9. Sarah Poole (RHS) 38:01
10. Martha Summerlin (WC) 40:29
RHS N/A, Wayne Christian N/A
1. Doug Johnson (WC) 20:13
2. Terrance Williams (RHS) 20:49
3. John Massey (WC) 26:01
4. John Potts (WC) 27:14
5. Daniel Farrell (RHS) 30:31
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series