By Gabe Whisnant
Published in Sports on October 1, 2004 1:55 PM
KENLY -- Princeton's Heather Braswell and Farmville Central's C.J. Eason turned in first-place performances in a Class 1-A Carolina Conference meet at North Johnston on Wednesday.
Braswell ran a 22:16, while Eason finished at 18:36.
North Johnston's girls won the girls meet with 24 team points as the Bulldogs finished with 37. Rosewood, North Duplin and Spring Creek did not have enough runners to figure in the team scoring.
In the girls meet, North Johnston took six of the top-ten positions, while Princeton had three in the top 10.
Rosewood's Stephanie Behrend (24:54) finished sixth.
In the boys meet, the Jaguars claimed first with 43 points with the Gators taking second with 55 and the Panthers finishing third with 57. North Duplin (96) and Princeton (118) rounded out the team scoring.
Spring Creek's Eric Walters took third overall with a 19:25, while teammate Pat Wilkins (19:56) finished sixth. Rosewood's Terrance Williams (19:56) claimed seventh.
The next Carolina meet is Oct. 6 at Princeton.
Farmville Central 43, Spring Creek 55,
North Johnston 57, North Duplin 96, Princeton 118
1. C.J. Eason (FC) 18:36
2. Joey Santapolo (FC) 19:09
3. Eric Walters (SC) 19:25
4. Brandon Cox (FC) 19:43
5. Matthew Peedin (NJ) 19:43
6. Pat Wilkins (SC) 19:56
7. Terrance Williams (RHS) 19:56
8. Jose Ledezma (ND) 20:12
9. Philip Croom (PHS) 20:20
10. Casey Lake (NJ) 20:40
North Johnston 24, Princeton 37
1. Heather Braswell (PHS) 22:16
2. Heather Creech (NJ) 22:41
3. Elizabeth Baker (NJ) 23:12
4. Courtney Yancey (PHS) 23:35
5. Amanda Sharpe (NJ) 24:46
6. Stephanie Behrend (RHS) 24:54
7. Cynthia Paul (NJ) 25:05
8. Brittany Stewart (PHS) 25:07
9. Jenna Gudac (NJ) 25:18
10. Ashley Sharpe (NJ) 25:32
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series