JV football -- Aycock crushes Kinston
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 3, 2004 2:00 AM
KINSTON -- Charles B. Aycock quarterback Thomas Pilkington threw for 184 yards and three touchdowns on 11 attempts with one interception as the Golden Falcons rolled to a 38-0 win at Kinston on Thursday.
Pilkington also carried 11 times for 47 yards. Pilkington threw touchdown passes to Timothy Alston, Erik Taylor and Daniel Pennington. Joseph Toler added two catches for 75 yards, while rushing 11 times for 66 yards with a touchdown.
The Golden Falcons also got touchdown runs from Fred McClain and Kyle Williams, who led the Aycock ground attack with 85 yards rushing on 11 carries.
McClain and Trevario Uzzell had five tackles each with one sack to pace the Aycock defense that allowed just 102 yards of total offense.
Aycock improved to 4-1 and will play at home on Oct. 7 against West Craven.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series