Prep cross country -- WCS runners shine at recent meets
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 3, 2004 2:00 AM
Doug Johnson and Carrie McCall led the Wayne Christian cross-country team in two different meets this week. Johnson placed first Thursday at a meet held at Wayne Christian with Cary Christian and Community Christian, covering the course in 22 minutes and 32 seconds. Jon Massey was second (24:59), followed by teammate John Potts (27:01). In the girls meet, McCall claimed second in 25:22. Logan Dawson was fifth (31:32), Jennifer Price sixth (31:32) and newcomer Martha Summerlin seventh (47:10).
Johnson and McCall paced the Eagles on Friday in a three-team meet in Fayetteville with Village Christian and Flora McDonald Academy. Johnson again finished first (20:28), Massey sixth (23:59) and Potts eighth (25:16). In the girls meet, McCall finished second (22:58), Jennifer Price fourth (25:32), Logan Dawson sixth (27:21) and Martha Summerlin 13th (40:11).
Village won both the boys and the girls meet in their first home meet ever.
Wayne Christian hosts Rosewood on Monday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series