Prep golf roundup
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 7, 2004 1:55 PM
Julie Dorman seized medalist honors with a nine-hole round of 49, but Spring Creek emerged the top team in a Class 1-A Carolina Conference match Tuesday afternoon at Walnut Creek.
The host Gators nipped the Panthers 103-110, while the Bulldogs carded a two-player total of 140.
Jennifer Johnson paced Spring Creek with a 50 and teammate Hannah Lane contributed a 53. Paula Webber and Amanda Smith also participated in the three-team meet.
Ashby Brame complemented Dorman's performance with a 61. Allison Hinnant competed and finished with a 69.
Amanda Chappell and Brandy Norris turned in rounds of 68 and 72, respectively for Princeton.
Spring Creek entertained East Duplin in a non-conference match Wednesday afternoon at Walnut Creek. Meanwhile, North Johnston hosted a match with Princeton and Wilson Beddingfield at Cardinal Country Club.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series