MOC men still fifth
Published in Sports on October 13, 2004 1:55 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Mount Olive remained at No. 5 in this week's NSCAA/Adidas men's soccer NCAA II Southeast Regional poll released Tuesday.
The Trojans have held the No. 5 position in each of the last four weeks and have spent six consecutive weeks in the top 10.
Mount Olive (11-2) is one of three Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference teams in this week's rankings. Queens University of Charlotte is sixth and Lees-McRae is seventh. UNC Pembroke remains at No. 1 in the region for the sixth consecutive week. The poll is compiled by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.
The Trojans went 2-0 last week, winning a pair of CVAC matches. They are the lone unbeaten and untied team in conference play.
Mount Olive, coming off a 1-1 tie against Methodist on Monday, continues play today at Chowan College. The Trojans continue CVAC play Saturday at Pfeiffer University and conclude a four-game roadswing Oct. 20 at Newberry (S.C.) College.
The Trojans' final home match is Oct. 23 against Queens. The game begin about a half hour after the women's contest against the Royals.
Mount Olive is 6-1 at home and 5-1 on the road.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series