Prep soccer roundup
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 13, 2004 1:56 PM
Chargers fall in CPIC
Faith Christian of Rocky Mount's Steven Wicks converted a direct kick with eight minutes left -- pushing his team ahead by two goals at Wayne Country Day -- as the Patriots held off the Chargers 3-2 on Tuesday.
The two foes are now currently tied for first-place with equal 5-2 marks in the Coastal Plains Independent 1-A/2-A Conference. Wayne Country day fell to 12-4-1 overall heading into Thursday's conference match at Kerr-Vance.
Will Futrelle scored on an assist from Yo Wan Ha to make the score 1-1 at halftime. Faith pushed ahead 2-1 at the 50-minute mark on Tim Phelp's second goal.
Chris Reed capped the Chargers' scoring with five minutes left to make the score 3-2.
Wayne Christian 3, Y.M.C.A 3 -- Wayne Christian's Spencer Wise scored two goals, while Gregory Alexander had one goal. Wayne Christian (5-0-1) faces St. Mary's on Thursday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series