By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 18, 2004 1:55 PM
Hawg Breath Bass Club
Hawg Breath Bass Club held its October tournament on Saturday at Falls Lake. John Edwards picked up right where he left off last season by weighing in the only keeper fish and taking first place. His partner was John Debevec Sr.
The next tournament will be held on the Neuse/Trent Rivers on November 20th. Anyone wishing to learn more about joining the club should contact Lou Cook at 778-1463.
Brogden 34, Greenwood 0 -- Brogden clinched a share of the Wayne County Middle School Athletic Conference Division I title along with Eastern Wayne. Kenneth Casper III paced the Rams' offense with two rushing touchdowns. Adrian Amerson and Charles Broggi also scored touchdowns for Brogden. Scott Holloman emerged the defensive leader with 11 tackles, two sacks and two fumble recoveries. Amerson added eight tackles and two sacks. Broggi had three sacks and five tackles for loss. Brogden finished 7-1 overall and 3-1 against Division I opposition.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series