Prep golf -- CBA 13th at state tourney after first day
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 26, 2004 1:56 PM
SOUTHERN PINES -- Charles B. Aycock's Kelli Forbis shot an opening-day 85 and Brooke Newell shot a 111 for a team score of 196, good enough for 13th place after the opening day of the N.C. High School Athletic Association's State golf championships at Longleaf.
No score for Eastern Wayne's Brittney Taylor was reported.
Blair Lamb of East Henderson shot a four-under 68 to lead the field by six strokes. Lamb's round helped pace East Henderson to a 10-stroke lead over Clayton, the Eastern regional runners-up. Wilson Fike, the regional champions, shot a 171 and was fifth after the first day.
Lamb's 68 was the second-lowest score in tournament history, only higher than Lamb's first round 67 shot last year.
The tournament concludes today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series