Locals fare well at 1-A, 2-A championship meet
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 8, 2004 1:55 PM
GREENSBORO -- Runners from Princeton and North Johnston's girls team made strong showings at the N.C. High School Athletic Association's state cross-country championships Saturday at Tanglewood Park.
Princeton's Heather Braswell finished in 16th place in a time of 22:07, while teammate Courtney Yancey was 31st at 23 minutes flat. For the Bulldogs, Brittney Stewart was 48th in 24:15, Ashley Heath was 64th in 25:03, Haylee Wood was 82nd in 27:08, Alyssa McKay was 85th in 27:32 and Lorenda Hartley was 86th in 28:18.
North Johnston's top finisher was Heather Creech, finishing 51st in a time of 24:27. The Panthers' next finishers were Stephanie Grady (69th in 25:17), Jenna Gudac (70th in 25:19), Amanda Sharpe (75th in 25:57), Ashley Sharpe (80th in 26:56) and Katie Young 81st in 27:00).
Princeton's girls finished 10th and North Johnston's girls were 12th on the day.
The lone area runner in the boys 2-A championship field, Tony Tyson of Greene Central, was 65th in a time of 18:57.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series