High school notes
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 15, 2004 1:55 PM
Wayne Christian's girls open season with victory
Wayne Christian School's girls basketball team opened the season Friday with a 35-29 victory over Faith Christian of Rocky Mount.
With the game tied at 14-14 at the half, the Eagles scored 14 points in the final period to pull away.
Jennica Botonis led all scoring with 12 points, followed by Michelle Krug with eight and Katie Daniels with seven.
Wayne Christian (1-0) will be at home Tuesday night against Trinity of Greenville.
Eagle JV girls top Faith
Wayne Christian's JV girls baseball team won its opening match against Faith Christian of Rocky Mount Friday night 27-17. Brittany Sullivan's scored a game-high 12 points.
Wayne Christian will play Villiage Christian for its next game on Friday.
Two cheer teams go to state meet
RALEIGH -- A pair of local cheerleading squads fared well at the second annual North Carolina High School Athletic Association state invitational cheerleading championships at Reynolds Coliseum Saturday.
Rosewood High School's junior varsity squad finished in seventh place in the Junior Varsity division, while Charlers B. Aycock High School finished ninth in the medium varsity division.
Over 80 teams participated in the event.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series