Bulldogs blast Johnston Christian
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on November 17, 2004 1:55 PM
PRINCETON -- Karter Yutzy, the 2004 News-Argus Player of the Year, poured in a game-high 24 points in Princeton's season-opening 71-16 victory against Johnston Christian.
Freshman Raphael Gaskins, who transferred from Norwayne Middle School, added 14 points in his varsity debut.
Nine players scored at least two points for the Bulldogs, who were playing their season-opening game. Princeton raced to a 22-point lead after one quarter and led by 24 points at halftime.
Johnston Chr. 2 9 2 3 -- 16
Princeton 24 11 19 17 -- 71
JOHNSTON CHRISTIAN (0-2)
Deans 5, Smith 4, Dellahooke 4, King 2, Boyette 1.
Karter Yutzy 24, Raphael Gaskins 14, Deandre Dublin 8, Tyler Worley 8, Adam Williams 5, Brandon Pate 4, Patrick Bunch 4, Josh Thompson 2, Bren Hall 2.
T.A. Brannan didn't miss on 10 field-goal attempts as unbeaten Wayne Christian rolled past Trinity Christian of Greenville 58-37 on Tuesday evening.
Nick Woods contributed seven points and five steals. Teammates Shea Glasman and Ethan Ipock provided six points and six rebounds apiece.
The Eagles (2-0) entertain Village Christian on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series