Newport News Appretice School is Lady Trojans' next opponent
Published in Sports on November 29, 2004 1:55 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- The Mount Olive College women's basketball team returns to action for the first time in nearly two weeks as the Trojans head to Newport News, Va., tonight to take on Newport News Apprentice in a non-conference match-up. Tip-off is 6 p.m.
Mount Olive (0-1) is playing its first game since a season-opening 61-48 loss at Livingstone on November 16. Teneal Boone recorded a double-double for Mount Olive with 12 points and 12 rebounds, but the Trojans hurt themselves at the free throw line, shooting only 30 percent.
Newport News Apprentice (1-2) is coming off a 70-69 loss to Chowan last Tuesday.
In last year's meeting, Ladora Charles scored 19 points on 8-for-9 shooting to lead Mount Olive to a 75-42 victory over the Builders. Boone added 11 points and Latoria Harvey tallied a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds. The Trojans used a 13-0 run midway through the first half to break open a close game.
After tonight, Mount Olive is off until Saturday when the Trojans play host to Erskine in Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference action.
Saturday's contest will be the only Mount Olive women's basketball home game until after the first of the year.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series