Langston wins WRAL award
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on December 5, 2004 2:00 AM
On Wednesday, Danny Langston, a senior at Rosewood High School was awarded WRAL's Extra Effort Award by Tom Suiter. The award honors the best and brightest North Carolina high school athletes.
Langston is a three-sport athlete, playing football, basketball, and track. He is an all-conference performer in all three sports.
Barrow described him as having "a great competitive nature and a great student of the game." Langston holds the title of captain of the football team and MVP.
The full-time athlete excels in academics too. Langston has a 4.5 GPA and is currently ranked sixth in his class. He is deciding on which college to attend and wishes to play football at the university level.
"He is an outstanding young man. He is top-notch in every way," said Dottie Hobbs, principal of Rosewood.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series