By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on December 15, 2004 1:55 PM
HOOKERTON -- Faith Christian's Aaron Sladick poured in 17 points on Tuesday as the Conquerors improved to 8-1 with a 48-36 win over Mount Calvary.
Stephen Sloan added 16 points for Faith, while Josh Brannon chipped in nine.
Justin Kennedy paced Mount Calvary with 14 points.
The Conquerors host Trinity Christian of Greenville on Friday at home.
Faith Christian 10 11 10 17 -- 48
Mount Calvary 6 8 11 11 -- 36
Stephen Sloan 16, Aaron Sladick 17, Josh Brannon 9, John Spencer 4, Taylor Stocks.
Justin Kennedy 14, Jacob Lancaster 13.
Goldsboro boys 42, Norwayne 17 -- Keovonta McDuffie scored 15 points for Goldsboro, while Dustin Uzzardo added 12. Goldsboro (6-1) travels to Spring Creek today.
Spring Creek boys 57, Grantham 33 -- Tray King led the Gators (4-3, 4-0) with 17 points and six rebounds. Spring Creek's Lucas Potter added 12 points and eight rebounds.
Eastern Wayne girls 46, Brogden 26 -- Eboni Reid led Eastern Wayne with 13 points, as teammate Zhanea Charles added 12 points. Andrea Broadie paced Brogden with eight points. Eastern Wayne (7-0, 3-0) travels to Greenwood today, while Brogden hosts Norwayne.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series