By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 7, 2005 1:55 PM
Conquerors handed just second defeat of season
Faith Christian's Stephen Sloan scored 13 points as the Conquerors fell for only the second time this season in a 54-40 loss at home to Fellowship Christian on Thursday.
Josh Brannan added nine points for Faith (9-2), which hosts Mount Calvary tonight in N.C. Christian Schools Association Coastal Region play.
Fellowship JV denies Faith
Faith Christian's Stephen Marhsall scored 11 points in in his team's 36-30 loss at home on Thursday to Fellowship Christian.
Charlie Clayton and Josh Finley had 15 points each for Fellowship.
Faith (2-4) Christian plays host to Mount Calvary today.
WCDS pounds Waccamaw
WHITEVILLE -- Wayne Country Day's Travis Davis dropped in 20 points to lead the Chargers in an 82-24 win at Waccamaw Academy on Wednesday.
Cameron Byrd and Lamar Carpenter added 15 points each for WCDS (6-4), while David Wilson and Trent Langston grabbed 11 rebounds apiece.
The Chargers travel to Rosewood for a non-conference contest today. It's the third meeting between the two county schools since Dec. 17.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series