Trojan men ranked 32nd nationally
Published in Sports on January 19, 2005 2:06 PM
MOUNT OLIVE - Mount Olive is the 32nd-highest vote-getter in this week's NABC Division II Men's Basketball Top 25 released Tuesday afternoon. The Trojans received seven points in the poll, as voted on by the National Association of Basketball Coaches.
Mount Olive (12-2) has won 10 of its last 11 games and is in first place in the Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference standings with a 6-1 mark. The Trojans have won three in a row since a loss to Pfeiffer last week, which snapped a seven-game winning streak.
This week marks Mount Olive's first appearance in the poll. The Trojans made their first-ever appearance in the top 25 last year, spending a week at No. 20.
Mount Olive continues CVAC play Saturday at Anderson (S.C.) College.
Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series