MOC men move up to No. 6 in poll
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 27, 2005 1:55 PM
MOUNT OLIVE - Mount Olive moved up one spot to No. 6 in this week's NCAA Division II men's basketball East Region poll released Wednesday. This week's ranking is the highest yet this season for the Trojans, who are on a four-game winning streak and have won 11 of their last 12 games.
Mount Olive is 13-2 overall, including a 10-2 mark against teams in the East Region. The Trojans' two losses came against No. 2 Pfeiffer and No. 5 West Virginia State.
Mount Olive and Pfeiffer represent the Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference in the poll. The Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) and the West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WVIAC) have four teams apiece in the top 10. Edinboro (Pa.) spends its first week at No. 1, while previous top-ranked Indiana (Pa.) drops to No. 4.
The conference champions from the CVAC, PSAC and WVIAC earn bids to the NCAA II East Regional in March, along with the top five at-large teams.
The regional poll will be announced each Wednesday through March 2.
Mount Olive returns to action today at home against St. Andrews. Tip-off is 7:30 p.m. at College Hall.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series