Pfeiffer sweeps MOC baseball in non-conference doubleheader
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on February 10, 2005 1:58 PM
MISENHEIMER - This hasn't been a good week for Mount Olive College athletics teams to visit Misenheimer.
Two days after the Trojan men's and women's basketball teams fell at Pfeiffer, the Mount Olive baseball team dropped both ends of a doubleheader at Pfeiffer Wednesday, falling 10-5 in the first game and 7-4 in the nightcap.
With the losses, the Trojans drop to 2-3 on the season while Pfeiffer improves to 3-3. The games do not count towards the NCAA Division II Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference standings. The two teams will play their three-game CVAC series at Scarborough Field in April.
Mount Olive returns to action this weekend as the Trojans play host to nationally 15th-ranked Shippensburg (Pa.) University in a four-game series at Scarborough Field.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series