CPIC tourney roundup
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on February 21, 2005 1:55 PM
ROCKY MOUNT -- Wayne Country Day's Christin Grubb scored nine points in the Chargers' 35-27 loss to Kerr-Vance on Friday in the Coastal Plains Independent 1-A/2-A Conference tournament at Rocky Mount Academy.
Sarah Ferguson led all scorers with 12 for Kerr-Vance.
The Chargers host Hobgood on Tuesday night in the first round of the N.C. Independent Schools Athletic Association 1-A playoffs.
Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. with the WCDS men's first round game with Waccamaw Academy scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
WCDS JV wins
ROCKY MOUNT -- Wayne Country Day captured the CPIC 1-A/2-A conference tournament with a 76-42 win over Kerr-Vance on Saturday at Rocky Mount Academy.
Cameron Strickland and Shadoe Stewart led the way for the Chargers with 17 points, while Travis Davis, Lamar Carpenter and Tyler Pate added 10 points each.
WCDS finished 23-3 overall and was the regular season and tournament champion.
Strickland was named the tourney's MVP as Davis, Carpenter and Stewart made the all-tournament team.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series