MOC men leap to best-ever No. 15 in Division II poll
By Neil Fuller
Published in Sports on February 23, 2005 2:02 PM
MOUNT OLIVE - Mount Olive earned its highest-ever national ranking, jumping nine spots to No. 15 in this week's NABC Division II men's basketball Top 25, it was announced Tuesday by the National Association of Basketball Coaches. The Trojans spent a week at No. 20 last season.
Mount Olive is on a five-game win streak and has won 13 of its last 14 games to improve to 22-3 on the season. The Trojans are one win away from matching last year's school record.
Mount Olive, which placed No. 24 in last week's poll with 16 votes, garnered 89 points in this week's poll, checking six points behind No. 14 Minnesota State-Mankato and nine points ahead of 16th-ranked and Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference rival Pfeiffer. Mount Olive and Pfeiffer are tied for first in the CVAC standings at 16-2 with two games remaining.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series