Faith Christian claims another MAACA crown
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on February 28, 2005 2:13 PM
KINSTON - Faith Christian's lone senior, Stephen Sloan, scored 24 points in the Conquerors' 57-43 win at Bethel Christian of Kinston in the championship game of the Mid Atlantic Christian Athletic Association tournament on Saturday.
Aaron Sladick added 13 points in the title game, while Josh Brannan added eight points and 13 rebounds.
The same trio led the Conquerors in a 51-37 win in the semifinals over Mount Calvary of Hookerton.
Sladick had 14 points and 12 rebounds as Sloan added 10 points and Brannan contributed eight.
Following the tournament, Sloan was named the tournament MVP. Sladick and Brannan were named to the all-tourney team.
Faith concluded the season at 25-5 overall after capturing its second MACAA tournament title in three years.
"With three 10th grade starters, he's (Sloan) everything you could ask for in a senior," Faith coach Jeff Stocks said. "He's the one who got them to play in the summer. He took them under his wing. For our youth, we did a lot better than a lot of people expected us to do.
"We didn't score a lot of points, but they decided to stop other people."
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series