Indians-Blue Rocks rained out Wednesday
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 14, 2005 1:56 PM
KINSTON -- Wednesday's game between the Kinston Indians and the Wilmington Blue Rocks has been rained out, the team announced today. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Tuesday, May 31st.
The finale of this series is still on schedule for 7 p.m. Thursday. Nick Pesco (1-0, 1.50 ERA) will start for Kinston.
Durham 12, Columbus 4
DURHAM (AP) -- Catcher Pete LaForest hit two home runs for four runs to lead the Durham Bulls to a 12-4 win over the Columbus Clippers in International League play on Wednesday.
Foul weather pushed back the start time by more than 21/2 hours. The Bulls came out hard once play began, scoring in every inning from the third through the eighth and reaching season highs in runs and hits (15).
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series