Royster, Snyder earn All-CVAC recognition
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 18, 2005 1:53 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Mount Olive College golfer Eric Royster was named to the 2005 All-Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference men's golf team, earning honorable mention. The award was announced during ceremonies at the CVAC men's golf championship at Hartsville, S.C.
Royster, a senior from Youngsville, captured a pair of top five finishes during the spring.
He tied for fourth out of 79 golfers at the St. Andrews Invitational and placed fifth at the Upstate College Classic.
Royster also tied for 11th at the Lee Nissan/Barton College Invitational to help lead the Trojans to a second-place finish.
Mount Olive College golfer and Eastern Wayne High School graduate Lindsey Snyder earned All-Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference women's golf honors for the second consecutive year.
Snyder was named to the second team, it was announced during ceremonies at the CVAC women's golf championship at Hartsville, S.C.
Snyder, a junior from Goldsboro, captured first place at the St. Andrews Invitational last month, the first-ever individual championship in the three-year history of the Mount Olive women's golf program.
She also finished second at the Upstate College Classic, finishing two shots out of first place.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series