By Gabe Whisnant
Published in Sports on June 8, 2005 1:55 PM
WILSON -- Early-evening thunderstorms washed out two Area I East Division contests involving Wayne County Post 11 and Snow Hill Post 94 on Tuesday.
Wayne County's battle with Wilson Post 13 has been rescheduled for June 14 at historic Fleming Stadium. Snow Hill's road game at Nash County Post 58 will be played June 16 at Rocky Mount Academy.
Post 11 entertains Edenton today at Scarborough Field on the Mount Olive College campus. Meanwhile, Snow Hill (2-3, 2-3 Area I East) entertains second-year member Pitt County 160 at Greene Central High School.
Each game begins at 7 p.m.
In Junior Legion action, Tyler Wicks collected three RBI as Post 11 defeated Snow Hill 5-1 on Tuesday. Wayne County (2-1) continues play today at home against Wilson Fike.
Post 94 remained winless in two outings.
Taylor Sutton finished with a triple, double and an RBI for Post 11 as teammate Alex Casey drove in one run. Evan Cavanaugh (1-1) got the win, yielding only one run in seven innings of work. Cavanaugh yielded nine hits with five strikeouts against no walks.
Jordan Corbett got the loss for Snow Hill (0-2), while Will McLawhorn 3-4, Tyler Chase 2-3 and Michael Speedy 2-3 paced the Post 94 offense.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series