Eisen assumes AD duties at MOC
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on July 5, 2005 1:47 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Jeff Eisen begins his duties today as Director of Athletics at Mount Olive College, succeeding Dr. Mac Cassell, who stepped down to teach full-time. Eisen was announced in April as the new athletics director.
Eisen spent the previous seven years as athletics director at NCAA Division I St. Francis University (Pa.). He previously spent 10 years at University of Detroit Mercy, serving five years as Assistant Director of Athletics and five years as Director of Marketing and Promotions. He also performed a one-year internship as a Marketing and Promotions Coordinator for the athletics department at Evansville University.
In addition, he has taught classes in sports marketing, public relations and sports and recreation law.
Prior to his involvement in college athletics, Eisen spent six years as an attorney with the U.S. General Accounting Office in Washington, D.C.
Cassell began his tenure as athletics director at Mount Olive in 1994. He announced last summer that the 2004-05 would be his final year as AD, but he will remain at the school to teach full-time in the Recreation and Leisure Studies department.
A press conference to formally introduce Eisen will be held next week.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series