Wayne County 13s advance in district play
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on July 8, 2005 1:46 PM
SNOW HILL -- The Wayne County 13-U Babe Ruth baseball team opened district play with an 11-4 victory against Greene County on Thursday evening.
Carson Daly led Wayne County with three hits, while Matt Neal provided two.
Neal, Josh Frederick and Matt Jones combined to limit Greene County to four hits.
Wayne County (1-0) faces Wilson Beddingfield at 4:30 p.m. Saturday.
Junior Legion play
LAGRANGE -- A four-team American Junior Legion tournament begins play today on the North Lenoir High School diamond.
Aycock opposes top-seeded Lenoir County at 7 p.m.
Also in the four-team field are second-seeded D.H. Conley and third-seeded South Central.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series