ECU's Holtz selected
Published in Sports on July 27, 2005 2:01 PM
ECU Sports Information
GREENVILLE -- East Carolina's Skip Holtz has been named to the 2006 Hula Bowl coaching staff announced Tuesday by the American Football Coaches Association.
Holtz, who became ECU's 19th head football coach in December, will join 2005 AFCA President Scot Dapp of Moravian as assistants under Auburn's Tommy Tuberville on the East sideline.
Tuberville, who was named 2004 National Coach-of-the-Year by The American Football Coaches Association, was selected to coach the 60th annual Hula Bowl by that same organization, which sponsors the game.
Washington's Tyrone Willingham will patrol the West sideline and will be assisted by San Jose State's Dick Tomey.
The AFCA's 2005 Division I-AA, Division II and Division III National Coach-of-the-Year award winners will earn the final three spots on the staffs of the two all-star teams for the game, which will be played at War Memorial Stadium in January 2006.
East Carolina entertains Duke in its season opener Sept. 3 at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium. Kick-off is scheduled for 1 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series