Published in Sports on August 9, 2005 2:10 PM
GREENVILLE -- East Carolina completed its final tune-up before engaging in full gear work with a three-hour practice in shorts and shoulder pads at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium on Monday afternoon.
Beginning today, the Pirates will don full pads for each of their traditional workout sessions, which includes the preseason camp's first of two official two-a-day practices scheduled for Wednesday.
"After four days of practice, we finally got 'good on good' (offense vs. defense) at the same time," said head coach Skip Holtz. "Everyone is hustling and getting better and that's what good teams need to do to improve. I expect us to step it up another notch and keeping working toward our goals when we go in full pads (today)."
Similar to Sunday's workout, ECU conducted a live 30-minute scrimmage-like team session at the end of practice which matched all levels of the Pirates' depth chart. The defensive unit enjoyed another notable effort, accounting for a pair of scores on sophomore cornerback Travis Williams' 45-yard interception return and senior linebacker Richard Koonce's 30-yard fumble return.
ECU Sports Information
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series