JK at ED
By Gabe Whisnant
Published in Sports on August 21, 2005 2:13 AM
Courtesy Jacksonville Daily News
BEULAVILLE -- East Duplin's Travis Aldridge threw for 116 yards and a pair of touchdowns as East Duplin opened the season with a 37-6 victory over James Kenan in a non-conference game.
Aldridge added a rushing touchdown for the Panthers of the East Central 2-A Conference, who finished 10-4 last season and advanced to the NCHSAA 2-A East Regional semifinals.
Rudy Osik chipped in 66 yards on 11 carries while Demetrius Hardison hauled in seven catches for 86 yards for East Duplin.
The Panthers (1-0) will travel to North Lenoir next Friday. James Kenan (0-1) travels to Onslow Northside next Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series